CRAIG LARMAN -- We bring a renowned software expert into our multimedia programming classroom as we learn more about OOA/D, patterns, object technologies, and iterative agile development methods. Larman's seminal work¹ is the world's best-selling text on OOA/D.
Main points of the six lectures on patterns:
- Defining requirements and use cases.
- Modeling domain objects, attributes, and requirements.
- Creating layered architectures.
- Designing objects with responsibilities.
- Using "Gang of Four" and other design patterns.
- Mapping designs to code.
- Applying OOA/D in the context of agile, iterative development and the Unified Process.
- Expressing results with UML 1.4 notation.
Craig Larman -- Applying UML & Patterns Training Course ISBN 0130479500
¹Craig Larman -- Applying UML and Patterns: An Introduction to OOA/D and the Unified Process